Learning outcomes for the essay:
– Explain key concepts and theories within IT Governance
– Demonstrate critical awareness on the limitations of IT Governance frameworks
– Demonstrate a comparative understanding of the frameworks and standards within IT
– Develop analytical skills related to creating and maintaining corporate information systems
– Identify and develop an appropriate governance model based on an analysis of a business
– Demonstrate the ability to critically reflect on the value of IT Governance within a business
Write and submit an academic mini-paper on one (1) of the tracks described below. The paper needs to
follow the standard template for a paper (see Assignment Template.docx), but there is no requirement for
gathering empirical data. Hence, the paper needs to specify a research question that is possible to answer
without empirical support but strictly through literature and argumentation.
The following tracks are open to inquiry:
a. Balancing efficiency and innovation in IT Governance.
b. Governing digital innovation.
c. The changing nature of the value of IT.
d. Organizing the IT function in times of digital disruption.
e. Digital Leadership challenges and opportunities.
Submit your paper with clear references to one of these specified tracks using the template provided.
Length: 3 500-5 000 words (excluding title page and references) should be seen as a recommendation, but
submissions exceeding 5 000 words will also be accepted.
use the Harvard style for referencing, and
make sure that you utilize as much as possible of the provided course literature and recommended
readings presented in class. For inspiration in terms of how to write your paper, have a look at conference
proceedings within IS.
(Name of the course literature to be used in this paper are in the additional materials)
The post Explain key concepts and theories within IT Governance.Demonstrate critical awareness on the limitations of IT Governance frameworks. .